BOOKS, ARTICLES, REPORTS AND CONFERENCE PAPERS
ACADEMIC PUBLICATIONS / CONFERENCES
- The Sexual Offences Handbook– Law, Practice and Procedure. Wildy, Simmonds and Hill Publishing, 2nd Ed Nov 2014.
- Women in Prison: Is the Justice System Fit For Purpose. Lexis Nexis. See linked 2014 article below. Both on the curriculum for Oxford Criminology.
- Addressing Vulnerability in Justice Systems. Edited by Professor Penny Cooper and Linda Hunting. Wildy, Simmonds and Hill Publishing 2016. Chapter on Vulnerable witnesses and parties in Civil proceedings – Dignity, Respect and The Advocate’s Gateway Toolkit 17
- Human Trafficking: Emerging Legal Issues and Applications. Edited by Nora M. Cronin and Kimberly A. Ellis. Lawyers & Judges Publishing Company, Inc 2017. Three Chapters:
- Human Trafficking in the Drug Trade: Lessons for Attorneys from the Mary Jane Veloso Case (Felicity Gerry, QC)
- Using Digital Technologies to Combat Human Trafficking: Privacy Implications (Felicity Gerry QC, Julia Muraszkiewicz, LL.M., and Niovi Vavoula, LL.M.)
- Gender Issues in Human Trafficking: Empowering Women and Girls Through Awareness and Law (Felicity Gerry QC and Catarina Sjölin, LL.M.)
Journal articles – Women and Law
- GERRY QC, F., HARRÉ, T., NAIBAHO, N., MURASZKIEWICZ, J. and BOISTER, N. (2016) ‘Is the Law an Ass When It Comes to Mules? How Indonesia Can Lead a New Global Approach to Treating Drug Traffickers as Human Trafficked Victims’, Asian Journal of International Law 2016, pp. 1–23. doi: 10.1017/S2044251316000230. Gerry F, No Face Veils in Court (2016) 25 Nott L.J. 86.
- Gerry F, Rowland A., Fowles S., Failure to evaluate introduction of female genital mutilation mandatory reporting et al. Arch Dis Child Published Online First: doi:10.1136/archdischild-2016-311000. Accepted 20 May 2016 Arch Dis Child 2016;0:1.
- Belton S., Mulligan E., Gerry F., Hyland P., Skinner V., Mifepristone by prescription: not quite a reality in the Northern Territory of Australia doi:10.1016/j.contraception.2016.04.018
- Gerry, F., Belton S.,Yogaratnam J., (2015). Reproductive Health and Rights in the Northern Territory : reforming the Medical Services Act 1974<br />. Darwin, NT (published online): Charles Darwin University, Menzies School of Health Research. doi:10.1136/archdischild-2016-311000
- Gerry, F., Let’s talk about Vaginas…Female Genital Mutilation, the failure of international obligations and how to end an abusive cultural tradition’ (2014) 2 Griffith Journal of Law and Human Dignity 1.
- Gerry, F., Let’s talk about Slaves…Human Trafficking: Exposing hidden victims and criminal profit and how lawyers can help end a global epidemic (2015) 1 Griffith Journal of Law and Human Dignity 1.
- Gerry, F., Sjölin, C., Urbas, G., Patterns of Sexual Behaviour. The Law of Evidence: Back to the Future in Australia and England (2015) 11(1) Int. Comment. Evid. 29ISSN (Online) 1554-4567, ISSN (Print) 2194-5691, DOI: 10.1515/ice-2014-0012, May 2015
- Gerry, F., Sjölin, C., Achieving gender equality through uniformity, extra territoriality and corporate responsibility” Law Regulations and Public Policy, Singapore 4th International Conference Proceeding.
- 2014 working party submission for the Bar Human Rights Committee (BHRC) written evidence to the UK Parliamentary Inquiry into Female Genital Mutilation (12 February 2014). This led to significant changes in the law in the UK and was based in part on my 2014 paper (see below).
- 2014 Working party submission for the Bar Human Rights Committee (BHRC) written evidence to the UK Parliamentary Joint Committee on Human Rights Inquiry into Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG) (March 5th, 2014).
Journal articles – Cyber Rights
- Gerry F., Muraszkiewicz J., Vavoula N.,The role of technology in the fight against human trafficking: reflections on privacy and data protection concerns Computer Law & Security Review 32 ( 2 0 1 6 ) 2015-217
- Gerry, F., Moore, C., A slippery and inconsistent slope: How Cambodia’s draft cybercrime law exposed the dangerous drift away from international human rights standards Computer Law & Security Review 31 ( 2 0 1 5 ) 628–650
- Svantesson, D., & Gerry, F. (2015). Access to extraterritorial evidence: The Microsoft cloud case and beyond. Computer Law & Security Review, 31(4), 478-489.
- Gerry, F., Berova, N., Treating data like the sale of goods: Lessons for the internet from OECD and CISG and sacking Google as the regulator  30 CLSR Issue 5.
- Gerry, F., “Data Uses to Combat Human Rights Abuses” IEEE Technology & Society Magazine Refereed Viewpoint:
- Gerry, F., The Rule of Law Online; You can’t steal cakes that Google haven’t baked” 2015 JIL Vol 18 (7) 3.
Journal articles – Justice and Penal System
- Gerry F., Sherwill N., Human Trafficking, Drug Trafficking and the Death Penalty Indonesia Law Review (2016) 3: 265-282
- Gerry, F., Kelly, D., Is it Time for Deferred Prosecution Agreements in the Northern Territory (2016) 90 ALJ 387.
- Gerry F., Women in prison in Australia; Darwin, NT 2016 (published online): Charles Darwin University espace.
- Gerry F., Harris L., Women in Prison: Is the Penal System Fit for Purpose: 2014 (published online): Charles Darwin University espace.
- Gerry F., Kelly D. 2015 Is it time for Deferred Prosecutions in the Northern Territory of Australia (NT Law Society Balance Magazine and forthcoming in Australian Law Journal)
- Gerry F., Moore L. 2015 Exposure to the elements: Secondary Stress for Lawyers; 15 September 2015 SJ 159/34:
- Gerry F., Crawley K. 2015 Sentencing in child abuse material cases in InPsych, the bulletin of the Australian Psychological Society Limited, April 2015.
- Gerry, F., A victim-led criminal justice system?”: “Vulnerable Witnesses – dignity and respect”. 2014 3rd IARS International Annual Conference Proceeding book.
- Gerry F., Harris L., Women in Prison: Is the Penal System Fit for Purpose: 2014 Lexis Nexis Discussion Paper (published online)
- Hennessey T., Gerry F., Male Rape in Conflict Zones: 2012 Lexis Nexis Policy Paper (published online)
Conferences etc – Women and Law
- 2016 Spectacular Law Conference, Hong Kong University – Jogee, the last gasp of Colonialism?
- 2016 Criminal Appeal Lawyers Association. Short presentation on the story behind R v Jogee.
- 2016 International Criminal Law Congress: Human Trafficking, Drug Trafficking and the Death Penalty
- 2016 Webinar on FGM and the Law for the Australian College of Midwives.
- 2016 Oxford Criminology 50th Anniversary Panel on Women in Prison
- 2016 2nd Law Scholar’s Writing Colloquium, Universitas Indonesa. Paper chosen as Editor’s Choice for Indonesian Law Review. Human Trafficking, Drug Trafficking and the Death Penalty.
- 2016 FGM is Everybody’s Business: Australian Human Rights Commission. FGM and the Law.
- 2016 Gender, Culture Power, ACU. Dowry Deaths and feticide.
- 2015 Start at the Top Family Law Conference, Parliament House, Darwin. Speaking on a rights based approach to International Commercial Surrogacy and Human Trafficking.
- 2015 Law and Society Association of Australia and New Zealand Conference, Flinders University, Adelaide. Speaking on FGM and the Law: Have campaigners succeeded where governments have feared to tread?
- 2015 Damned Whores and God’s Police 40 years on Sydney Conference: Speaking on female genital mutilation (FGM) and the law.
- 2015 Australian Midwifery Conference: FGM and the law: Can midwives succeed where governments fear to tread?
- 2015 LRPP Conference, Singapore 4th International Conference: “Achieving gender equality through uniformity, extra territoriality and corporate responsibility”
- 2015 ICELFS: Patterns of Sexual Behaviour. The Law of Evidence: Back to the Future in Australia and England.
- 2015 Law Society of South Australia CPD Event: FGM and the Law.
- 2015 Law Society of the Northern Territory of Australia CPD Event: Let’s Talk About Slaves.
- 2015 UNSW Gendered Violence and Gender Violations Conference: Domestic Violence and Access to Justice in East Timor.
Conferences etc – Technology and Law
- 2016 Biometrics 2016: Using Technology to Combat Human Trafficking.
- 2015 ICELFS: Access to extraterritorial evidence: The Microsoft cloud case and beyond
- 2015 ANZFSS: Science and the Law: Tales from the Bar.
- 2015 8th International CPDP conference, Brussels: “Using technology to combat human trafficking”.
- 2014 CILS International Cooperation conference, Jakarta: “Using technology to combat human trafficking”.
- 2014 Sensor Society Conference, Brisbane: “The Rule of Law Online; You can’t steal cakes that Google haven’t baked”
- 2014 4th Sino-Australian Law Deans’ Meeting, Zhejiang University, Guanghua Law School, Hangzhou, China: “Using innovative technology in international legal education”.
Conferences etc – Lawyers, Justice and Penal Systems
- 2016 Presentation to Hong Kong Bar on resilience and opportunities.
- 2016 Lexis Nexis Women in Prison debate.
- 2016 NT Law Society social media for lawyers
- 2016 Middle Temple Survive and Thrive event on social media for lawyers. Think Wall report identified 1.9million exposure impressions.
- 2016 R v Jogee: NSW Young Lawyers.
- 2016 Current Issues in Sentencing: National Judicial College of Australia – Women in Prison.
- 2014 Human Rights Forum of the Asia-Pacific Outgames: “Legisative reform after Sochi”.
- 2014 CDU/ NTBA conference Dili, East Timor: “Criminal Lawyers Duties to Trafficked victims”