STUDENT RESEARCH SUPERVISION
Health and Law
- Should Australia Adopt the Groningen Protocol? Considering the effects of legalizing assisted dying on persons with disabilities who cannot consent.
- The Euthanasia Fallacy: Why it is time to regulate in Australia?
- What Happened to the Recommendations from the Review of the Law of Negligence 2002, with respect to liability and the medical profession?
- Small Subcontractors and Security of Payments: Rough Justice or the Rough End of the Gavel
- Drawing the judicial line: defining an acceptable extent of community input into sentencing.
- Double jeopardy reform: political expediency or much needed change?
- New South Wales Right to Silence Reforms: Maximum Admissions, Minimum Silence.
- Looking at the insanity defence with the help mainly of some Australian cases, legislation and trial procedures, what is insanity, how is insanity established in the courtroom and what input is accepted from the field of psychiatry?
- Offender information gathering, recording and tracking, a private nightmare or a public necessity?
Technology and Law
- Everybody knows: Snowden’s NSA leaks and the implications for Australians privacy
- The internet, social media and trial by jury.
- The effect of the Dallas Buyers Club ruling on cyber law in Australia.
- The Rights of Indigenous Children interacting with the Care System.
- Same-sex Parents: Won’t somebody please think of the children! A Review Of Whether The Children Of Same-Sex Parents Are Afforded The Same “Best Interests” As Children To Heterosexual Parents Under Family Law.
- Has the Australian Family Court attempted to reconcile the competing interests of a parent wising to relocate with their children and the ‘best interests’ of the child being maintained by a meaningful relationship with both parents.
- Do Family Courts need to reform evidence rules to manage social media evidence?
- Animal Welfare, Exploitation and the Law: Is a Bill of Rights for Animals Going Too Far?